1. What are the ratios you follow at High 5 Sports?
We follow a 1 to 15 ratio when working with children, however we aim to keep it to 1 to 12 on most days. We have a minimum of two staff per location.
2. Do all of your staff have the needed checks?
All of our staff hold a current DBS check and a first aid certificate. Most of our coaches hold degrees in Physical education and coaching and some are qualified teachers.
3. Do you apply suncream to the children?
We would ask if you could apply suncream in the morning and we will reapply it in the afternoon. Please do let us know if your child has an allergy to suncream.
4. How does the staff make sure the children are kept safe in the pool when swimming in Ashford?
We have two staff members in the pool with the children one in the deep end and one in the swallow end of the pool, and we also have a lifeguard on duty to watch over the children. Can we please ask you do not bring floatation aids with you. Thank you!
5. What does High 5 Sports offer for someone who is 4 years old?
We offer a half day program for children who are 4 years old. Which runs 9:00-12:30 or 12:30-4. We charge £12 per half session.
6. Does High 5 Sports take child care vouchers?
Yes there are many different companies we use. Please have a look at the website to see if the company you use is on the list. If the company you use is not on the list, send us an email and we will try to add it. http://high5kent.com/childcare-vouchers/
7. Does my child need a packed lunch?
Yes please, We play hard all day so the children need lots to eat. We give the children a morning break so please pack a heathy snack to eat. We do ask, that you do not pack any nuts or nut products in your child’s lunch bag, or fizzy drink. The children as well need a refillable water bottle to use through out the day.
8. What clothing does my child need to bring?
It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that their child is provided with appropriate clothing and footwear for their selected activity. Children must bring their own shin pads when playing football. They might want to bring an extra change of clothes and a towel to the wet and wacky days.
9. Are there any consent forms I need to fill out?
Please fill free to print this and fill it out before arrival in the morning. https://www.high5kent.com/app/uploads/2018/05/High5Sports-activity-consent-form2018.pdf